Garmin Forerunner 255 is the company’s latest multisport watch which houses a stack of health and other features. Just like the last year’s Forerunner 245, the newer model runs on Garmin’s custom watch skin known as GarminOS. Obviously, it works well with all features, but just in case your watch got frozen, hang, or stuck somewhere, or if you’re looking for a fresh start, then read along to know how to reset Garmin Forerunner 255 and 255s.
There are several ways to reset a Garmin smartwatch and you can perform it wisely on your smartwatch as per your needs. The best part, there are two ways by which you can reset the watch without losing your health or fitness data, alongside the music data on the music variant of Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s.
There are plenty of reasons behind the laggy behavior or frozen issue on a smartwatch and there’s a simple reboot troubleshoot you can perform to not lose the important health data. In this article, I am going to share three ways to reset the Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s which include a soft reset, hard reset, and master reset aka factory reset methods.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 255 and 255s [Soft Reset]
Soft Reset (is a simple reboot) for Garmin Forerunner basically reboot your smartwatch and clears up the background activity and cache. This troubleshooting method is also good if you’re facing issues with GPS, fast battery drain, or some other function not working properly. If you’re facing any of these issues, then follow the below-mentioned steps to execute a soft reset on your Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s.
Note: Although, this method will not remove any data, but still, suggest you to sync your data before performing the reset on your watch.
- Press and hold the Light button till the watch turns off, it will take 15 seconds.
- Now you need to turn on the watch.
- Press the Light button on your watch for a couple of seconds, it will start working again.
- That’s it.
This is one of the easiest and best ways to quickly reset the Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s without losing the important health data, if you’re still facing some issues, you can try performing the hard reset on your watch.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 255 and 255s [Hard Reset]
One of the best things about Garmin Forerunner and Instinct series watches is you can reset them without losing all of your personal data, music, and activities. And the same can be done on the new member in the Forerunner series – the Forerunner 255 and 255s. This can be done using the Reset Default Settings option available in the Settings app. Here are the steps for the Garmin Forerunner 255.
Note: As I said earlier, this method will not delete music and activities data, but still prefer you to sync up the data quickly before performing the method on your watch.
- To Perform a Hard reset, Press the Up button to open the Settings.
- Now press the up button one more time to see the System Settings option.
- To enter the System Settings press the Start Stop button.
- Now use the Up and Down buttons to see other options in the Settings.
- Once you see Reset, tap on the Start Stop button to enter the Reset Settings.
- Find Reset Default Settings and then press the Start Stop button to perform a hard reset.
- That’s it.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 255 and 255s [Master Reset]
If you’re looking for a fresh start, then you can do a master reset to wipe content on your watch, or if the above-listed methods not working for you, then also you can do a master reset on your Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s multisport watch. Here are the steps.
Note: You will lose all data on your watch by performing a master reset, yes, you will lose your activity data, health data, personal information, music, and other stuff. Not only this, but you will also lose the learned training data such as Vo2 Max and more.
- Power off your Garmin Forerunner 255, to do it, press the Light button once.
- When the power icon is in front of the Start Stop button, press it.
- Now press the Up button to open the Settings > System Settings > Reset.
- Under Reset settings, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.
- That’s it.
Master Reset for Frozen Screen on Garmin Forerunner 255 / 255s
In case your Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s is frozen and you’re unable to go to Settings for Reset, then there’s a workaround that you can perform to master reset your Forerunner 255.
- Press and hold the Light button, Start Stop button, and Back button at the same time until you listen to the first beep.
- After first beep, leave the Start Stop button, but keep holding the Light button and Back button.
- Once you hear the second beep, leave the Back button.
- Now you will see the master reset process taking place on the Watch’s screen.
- That’s it.
Once done, you’ve to set up the watch from the scratch, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can pair the Garmin Forerunner 255 or 255s to the smartphone (both Android and iOS). Now you’re familiar of how to reset Garmin Forerunner 255, if you still have any doubt tell us in the comment box.