A smartwatch is incomplete without customization features like watch faces. Garmin smartwatches are among the best in the market which also include support for various watch faces. And new Garmin Forerunner 255 Series and Forerunner 955 Series are no different as these watches also come with Watch Faces. If you have any of these watches, here’s how to change Watch Faces on Garmin Forerunner 255 and Forerunner 955.
What are Watch Faces?
These are the main clock screens that represent time in a different style. This means you can set your watch to show the default clock screen in analog clock style, digital clock style, with photos, widgets, and more. You can change the appearance of the clock on your watch with Watch Faces.
Use of Watch Faces
Watch faces come with many advantages. And as Garmin Watches come with various watch faces, you can set different watch faces for different activities. These watch faces include various information which saves time from looking for that information. And if you are bored using the default watch face you can change to a different watch face.
How to Change Watch Faces on Garmin Forerunner 255
Since most of the Forerunner watches comes with a similar interface, you can apply this method to other Forerunner watches as well. If you are using the Garmin Forerunner watch for the first time then you should check out the full guide. Now let’s jump into the steps.
Steps to Set Watch Faces
- Power on your Garmin Forerunner 255 Watch and it will show the default watch face.
- Now press the Up button to bring up the Settings menu.
- The first option you will see is Watch Face, select it using the Start button.
- You can check various watch faces using the Up and Down buttons.
- Once you find the Watch Face that you want to use, press the Start button.
- It will show some side options, go to Apply and press the Start button to apply the selected Watch Face.
Steps to Customize Watch Face
You can also customize any pre-loaded watch face. Yes, you can customize each component like Dial, Hands, Data, Color, and more. Here is a simple guide for watch face customization.
- Press and hold the Up button to bring up the Menu.
- Now select Watch Faces.
- Choose the Watch Face you like to customize and press the Start button.
- Once you see the side menu, use the Up and Down buttons to navigate to Customize.
- When it is in Customize option, press Start.
- Now choose which component you want to customize.
- After all the changes and customization, select done using the Start button and use the Apply option to set the customized Watch Face.
You can change and customize any watch face on Garmin Forerunner 255 using these steps.
How to Install Watch Faces on Garmin Forerunner 255
The Forerunner 255 smartwatch comes with some pre-loaded watch faces, but you can also get more watch faces using the Connect IQ store. Connect IQ Store is an app that is like an app store for Garmin smartwatches. So let’s see how to download and install more watch faces on Garmin Forerunner 255 or other Garmin Forerunner watches.
- First, make sure your Garmin watch is paired with the Garmin Connect app. If not follow this guide to pair your Garmin watch.
- Now install the Connect IQ app on your smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Open the App and sign in with your account (the same account that you are using in the connect app).
- Open the app and make sure the correct watch is selected (in My Device) if you have more than one Garmin watch connected to your phone.
- Go to the Search tab and select Watch Faces.
- It will list multiple watch faces. Browse and select the one you like.
- Now tap on the Install button and it will start downloading. You can check the download progress in the My Device section.
- Once downloaded, it will be applied to your watch automatically.
You can also customize the Installed watch faces directly from the Connect IQ app. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to My Devices in Connect IQ App.
- Select the My Watch Faces section and choose the Watch Face you want to customize.
- You will find two buttons, Settings, and Uninstall. Select Settings.
- Now choose the component you want to change in the Watch Face.
- After changes, tap on the Save button.
How to Set Custom Photos as Watch Faces
You can also use photos and images as a watch face on your Garmin Forerunner 255 watch. This can be done using the Connect IQ app. Here’s the guide.
- Open the Connect IQ app on your phone.
- Go to the Face It section.
- Tap on the ‘+‘ icon and choose the photo you want to set in Watch Face.
- Now choose the clock layout and color as per your preference.
- After that, tap on Done. And Install the watch face you created.
- To apply the new watch face, you can follow the steps to set watch faces.
So this was the complete guide on how to change Watch Faces and customize Watch Faces on Garmin Forerunner 255. Thanks to Connect IQ store, you can also download additional watch faces if you don’t like the pre-loaded watch faces, or also it is always good to have multiple options to choose from.
Let us know your favorite watch face for your Garmin smartwatch.
Related to Garmin: