Although, the time and date on Garmin smartwatches are synced after connecting with the Garmin Express or when you turn on the GPS, or after connecting it to the internet. But just in case, you want to set a manual date and time, then you can do it easily on your Garmin Forerunner 255 / 255s Music. If you own a Garmin Forerunner 255 and want to change the date or time, then you’re at the right place. In this guide, I have covered everything on how to change time and date on Gamin Forerunner 255 and 255s.
As I mentioned earlier, your watch will automatically pick the date and time while setting it for the first time. But what if you’re traveling to another country? The watch will then automatically change the time once it will sync or receive data. Some people love setting five-ten minutes time difference in real-time.
Whether you’re traveling somewhere or simply want to set a manual date and time on your watch or even on your cell phone, if you want to do the same, then this guide will help you changing the time and date on your Garmin Forerunner 255 watch. Let’s take a look at the steps on how you can easily set a new date and time on your watch.
How to update Time and Date on Garmin Forerunner 255 series
- Press and hold the Up button on your watch.
- Now select Settings, then find System.
- Find Time, then click on Set Time option.
- Select the manual option, now enter the time you want, you can also change Time format.
- Then save it.
- Now if you want to update the date, then Tap Date.
- Adjust the Date as per your requirement.
- Then hit the save option.
- That’s it.
Note: You can also change the time from your PC, by logging in Garmin Connect on your browser. The time and date will be synced to your watch later.
How to Change Time Format on Garmin Forerunner 255 series
- Download and Install the Garmin Connect app on your phone.
- Now sign in with your Garmin account.
- Sync your watch to get the latest information for the watch.
- Once done, open Garmin Connect then tap on your device.
- Select General inside the settings.
- Here you can change the time format, you can choose between 12-hour or 24-hour.
- That’s it.
These two are one of the easy ways by which you can change time and date on your Garmin Forerunner 255 series smartwatch. If your watch is showing the wrong time and you simply want to troubleshoot it, then you can also perform a quick soft reboot on your watch, here’s an easy guide on soft reboot, or just in case nothing works, then you can factory reset your watch. Once done, you can simply set up the watch as new, here’s how you can set it up.
So, this is an easy guide on how to change time and date on Garmin Forerunner 255, if you still have any query, then you can drop a comment in the comment section.