Two months back, Garmin released a couple of new multi-sport watches in its Forerunner lineup – Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255s, and Forerunner 955. Just like the previous generation Forerunner watches, the new Forerunner 955 comes with the GarminOS. Obviously, it works fine on the Forerunner watches, but just in case your watch got frozen, hang, or stuck somewhere, then read along to know how to reset Garmin Forerunner 955 or 955 Solar.
If you own the Garmin Forerunner 955 and you want to reset it to default, then you can do it with three different methods. The best thing is two methods allow you to reset the watch without losing your health or fitness data including songs if you own the Music variant of the Garmin Forerunner 955, without taking more time, let’s dive right into the steps.
In this article, I am going to share three ways to reset the Garmin Forerunner 955 which include a soft reset, hard reset, and master reset aka factory reset methods.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 955 [Soft Reset]
A soft reset or simple reboot comes in handy if your watch got stuck somewhere or running slow or your watch is consuming more battery, so, if you want to clean up the cache and background activity, then you can perform a soft reset on your Garmin Forerunner 955. You can follow the steps listed below to perform this troubleshooting method on your Forerunner 955 or 955 Solar.
Note: Although, this method will not remove any data, but still, suggest you to sync your data before performing the reset on your watch.
- Press and hold the Light button till the watch turns off, it will take 15 seconds.
- Now you need to turn on the watch.
- Press the Light button on your watch for a couple of seconds, it will start working again.
- That’s it.
One of the best things of this troubleshooting method is you can quickly perform it on your watch, if you’re still facing some issues, you can try performing the hard reset on your watch.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 955 [Hard Reset]
Still, facing issues on your Garmin Forerunner 955 series watch? Then you can perform a hard reset on your watch. Just like the soft reset method, you will not lose your personal data, music, and fitness data. And the best thing is, you can do it easily on your watch, all you need to do is follow the steps listed below.
Note: As I said earlier, this method will not delete music and activities data, but still prefer you to sync up the data quickly before performing the method on your watch.
- On your Garmin Forerunner 955 series watch, Press the Up button to open the Settings.
- Again press the up button to see the System Settings option.
- To enter the System Settings press the Start Stop button.
- Now use the Up and Down buttons to see other options in the Settings.
- Once you see Reset, tap on the Start Stop button to enter the Reset Settings.
- Find Reset Default Settings and then press the Start Stop button to perform a hard reset.
- That’s it.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 955 [Master Reset]
Just in case you want to remove all data and start fresh, then you can perform a master reset on your Forerunner 955. Here’s how you can factory reset your Garmin watch.
Note: You will lose all data on your watch by performing a master reset, yes, you will lose your activity data, health data, personal information, music, and other stuff. Not only this, but you will also lose the learned training data such as Vo2 Max and more.
- Power off your Garmin Forerunner 255, to do it, press the Light button once.
- When the power icon is in front of the Start Stop button, press it.
- Now press the Up button to open the Settings > System Settings > Reset.
- Under Reset settings, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.
- That’s it.
If your watch is not responding and is stuck with a frozen screen, then you can follow these methods and factory reset your Forerunner 955 and 955 solar smartwatch.
- Press and hold the Light button, Start Stop button, and Back button at the same time until you listen to the first beep.
- After the first beep, leave the Start Stop button, but keep holding the Light button and Back button.
- Once you hear the second beep, leave the Back button.
- Now you will see the master reset process taking place on the Watch’s screen.
- That’s it.
So, this is an easy guide on how to reset Garmin Forerunner 955, if you still have any queries, then you can drop a comment in the comment section.