Fenix 7 is the successor of last year’s Fenix 6 and the latest mid-tier smartwatch by Garmin. And just like every other Gamin smartwatch, the new Fenix 7 boasts some select watch faces. No doubt that the Garmin Fenix 7 looks awesome with its default watch face, but you can also change the watch face on your watch very easily.
So, if you want to change the watch face on your watch, then you’re at the right place. Here’s a detailed guide on how to change watch face on Garmin Fenix 7.
There are a couple of different ways to change a watch face on the Garmin Fenix 7, you can follow any method you like to apply a new watch face on your Garmin Fenix 7 smartwatch.
Before diving to the different ways, let’s explore a few more details about the watch face.
What are Watch Faces?
These are the main clock screens that represent time in a different style. This means you can set your watch to show the default clock screen in analog clock style, digital clock style, with photos, widgets, and more. Till now, whenever you have bought a watch (non-smartwatch) for yourself, you must have definitely selected a watch with the best watch design or we can say watch face in technical terms.
Yes on modern watches you can change the looks of your watch easily by changing the watch face. You can set different watch faces for different activities. These watch faces include various information which saves time from looking for that information. So if you are bored using the default watch face you can change to a different watch face.
Let’s see how.
How to Change Watch Face on Garmin Fenix 7
Garmin Fenix 7 owners can easily change the watch face, the steps will also work on the last year’s Fenix 6 smartwatch. Now let’s jump right into the steps.
- Power on your Garmin Fenix 7 and it will show the default watch face.
- Now press and hold the Up Menu button to bring up the Settings menu.
- Select the Watch Face by pressing the Start Stop button.
- Switch between different watch faces using the Up and Down buttons.
- Once you find the Watch Face of your choice, press the Start Stop button.
- It will show some side options, go to Apply and press the Start Stop button to apply.
- That’s it.
How to Customize Watch Face on Garmin Fenix 7
One of the best things about Garmin Watches is you can customize the watch face further before started using it. You can customize each component like Dial, Hands, Data, Color, and more. Here’s how you can do it on your Garmin Fenix 7.
- Press and hold the Up button to bring up the Menu.
- Now select Watch Faces.
- Choose the Watch Face you like to customize, then press the Start Stop button.
- Navigate between different watch faces by using the Up and Down buttons.
- Press Start Stop button to confirm the watch face.
- Before pressing apply button, choose which component you want to customize with Up and Down buttons.
- To change the style of the numbers for the analog watch face, select Dial and Hands.
- To change the style of the numbers for the digital watch face, select Layout and Seconds.
- and more.
- After all the changes and customization, select done using the Start button and use the Apply option to set the customized Watch Face.
- That’s it.
How to Download and Install Watch Face on Garmin Fenix 7
As I said earlier, the collection of watch faces is not that big on the Garmin Fenix 7, so if you want to install a new watch face, then you can do it using the Connect IQ store. Connect IQ Store is official method of installing a watch face on Garmin Fenix 7, Yes, it is the official store by Garmin. So let’s see how to download and install more watch faces on Garmin Fenix 7.
- First, make sure your Garmin watch is paired and synced with the Garmin Connect app.
- Then, install the Connect IQ app on your smartphone (Android or iOS).
- Open the App and sign in with your Garmin account.
- Select your watch from My Device section.
- Go to the Search tab and select Watch Faces.
- It will list multiple watch faces. Browse and select the one you like.
- Now tap on the Install button and it will start downloading. You can check the download progress in the My Device section.
- Once downloaded, it will be applied to your watch automatically.
How to Set Custom Photos as Watch Faces
You can also use photos and images as a watch face on your Garmin Fenix 7 watch. This can be done using the Connect IQ app. Here’s the guide.
- Open the Connect IQ app on your phone.
- Go to the Face It section.
- Tap on the ‘+‘ icon and choose the photo you want to set in Watch Face.
- Now choose the clock layout and color as per your preference.
- After that, tap on Done. And Install the watch face you created.
- To apply the new watch face, you can follow the steps to set watch faces.
So this is how you can change watch face on your Garmin Fenix 7 or even on older Garmin Fenix 6.
If you still want to know anything about it, leave a comment in the comment box.
- How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 255 and 225s
- How to Change Watch Faces on Garmin Forerunner 255
- How to Pair Garmin Forerunner 255 and 255s [Guide]
- How to Restart Garmin Forerunner 955 (Soft and Force Reboot)
- How to Add Music to Garmin Forerunner 255 Music
- How to Setup Spotify on Garmin Forerunner 255 Music and Forerunner 955