Early this month, Apple unveiled its newest smartwatch lineup, introducing the new Apple Watch Series 9 and the Apple Watch Ultra 2. Just like every new smartwatch, the newer generation of Apple Watches come with new watch faces. If you want to use new watch faces on your Apple Watch Series 6, Series 7, Series 8, or older, then you can easily do it. Here’s how you can use the new Apple Watch Series 9 watch face on an older watch.
Alongside the new watches, Apple released a new software for Apple Watch – the watchOS 10. Apple said watchOS 10 is a milestone update for the watch and make it available for the Apple Watch Series 4 and later models. The update boasts redesigned system apps, a whole new way to control the watch, Smart Stack widgets, Health features, and two new watch faces. Apart from these watch faces, the public release also brings the Apple Watch Series 9 watch faces, Apple Watch Ultra 2 watch face, as well as the new Nike Globe watch face.
In terms of compatibility, the watchOS 10 requires an iPhone XS or later running on iOS 17 or later version, and any of these Apple Watch models – Apple Watch Series 4, Watch Series 5, Watch Series 6, Watch Series 7, Watch SE, or newer models. So, if you want to try out the new Apple Watch faces, make sure you have any of these watches running on watchOS 10.
So, yes, you can officially add the new Apple Watch Series 9 watch face on your older Apple Watch without installing any app from the app store, all you need to do is, update your Apple Watch to the latest watchOS 10.
If your Apple Watch is still running on watchOS 9.x, then you can follow this step-by-step guide and upgrade your Apple Watch to watchOS 10 public. When you’re done you can change the watch face on your Apple Watch with the new Watch Series 9 or Watch Ultra 2 watch face.
How to get Apple Watch Ultra 2 or Watch Series 9 Watch Face on older model
There are two ways to change the watch face on the Apple Watch, one from the iPhone and the second from the watch itself. If you opt for the iPhone method then the new watch will be synced to your watch in a few seconds or a minute. Whereas the second and the inbuilt watch face changer on Apple Watch lets you quickly change the watch face on your watch itself. Let’s take a look at the steps for both methods.
Change Watch Face from iPhone
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Select Face Gallery from the bottom bar.
- You will see the New Watch Faces option at the top.
- You can select the Solar Analog, Palette, Snoopy, or Nike Globe watch face to try out the Apple Watch Series 9 watch face or the Modular Ultra watch face from the Watch Ultra 2.
- Once selected, tap Add button, you can customize the face before adding if you want.
- That’s it.
Change Watch Face from Apple Watch
- Tap and Hold on your Apple Watch’s watch face.
- Swipe to the left, to add a new watch face.
- Select New Watch Faces banner.
- Select any watch face from the list – Solar Analog, Palette, Snoopy, or Nike Globe.
- Tap add, then it will open the customization menu, you can change the watch face’s style, color, complications, dial, etc.
- That’s it.
Note: The Apple Watch Ultra 2’s Modular Ultra watch face is limited to Apple Watch Ultra users only, you cannot use it on Apple Watch Series 8 or even on the new Series 9.
If you still want to know more about adding Apple Watch Series 9 or Apple Watch Ultra 2 watch face on older model, leave a comment below.
- How to Use Apple Watch on watchOS 10 to Open Control Center and Recent Apps
- Best watchOS 10 features for Apple Watches
- How to Update Apple Watch to watchOS 10
- 11 Best Ways to Fix Apple Watch Swipe Up Not Working (watchOS 10 Updated)
- How to Install Galaxy Watch 6 Watch Faces on Galaxy Watch 5 & Galaxy Watch 4