Apple has just released the anticipated watchOS 10 update for Apple Watches. The newest iteration of watchOS goes public with several new features and changes. watchOS 10, the milestone upgrade, comes with two new watch faces, redesigned system apps, Smart Stack with Widgets, new health features, and more.
If you own an Apple Watch running on watchOS 9, then you can easily install the new software on your watch. Read on to learn how to update Apple Watch to watchOS 10.
The new watchOS software is available for Apple Watch Series 4 and later models. Apple is pushing the new software to the watch with a 21R356 build number and measures around 1.2GB in size for the public (if you are on the beta version then it weighs only 312MB). As it is a free upgrade, you can easily install it on your watch.
watchOS 10 Supported Devices
Apple wants to provide the major watchOS upgrade to a wide range of users, so, the company didn’t change the list of eligible devices. watchOS 10 is available for Apple Watch Series 4 and later models. Here’s the complete list of supported Apple Watches.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2
- Apple Watch Series 9
- Apple Watch Ultra
- Apple Watch Series 8
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Apple Watch Series 6
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch SE
Another thing to keep in mind is, make sure your iPhone is running on iOS 17. It is available for iPhone Xs and later models.
Now let’s take a look at how you can download and install watchOS 10 on your Apple Watch.
How to Download watchOS 10 Update on Apple Watch
If you are using Apple Watch Series 4 or later, then you can easily upgrade your watch to watchOS 10. Before moving ahead you need to update your iPhone to iOS 17, you can do it by navigating to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install the new iOS 17 update.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap General > Software Updates.
- Check for the new updates.
- When you see watchOS 10 update, simply select Download and Install option.
- That’s it.
Make sure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% and connected to the magnetic charging.
Now the watchOS 10 update will download and transfer to your Apple Watch. And after the completion of the installation process, your watch will restart. Once all done, you can start using your Apple Watch.
- Is the Apple Watch Series 9 Waterproof?
- Which iPhones are compatible with Apple Watch Series 9?
- How much does the Apple Watch Series 9 cost?
- 11 Best Ways to Fix Apple Watch Swipe Up Not Working (watchOS 10 Updated)
- How to Download Spotify Songs on Apple Watch
- How to Remove Default Apps on Apple Watch [watchOS 9.4 or later]
- Why does my Apple Watch keep Zooming in? Here’s how to fix it
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Apple Watch [Guide]
- How to Join One UI Watch 5 Beta Program for Beta Updates