YouTube is one of the best platforms to consume any type of content in video format, obviously, the best experience will be available to those streaming on a cell phone, tablet, laptop, or even on smart TV. But did you know that it will also be streamed on small-screen devices including the Apple Watch? Obviously, the official YouTube app is not available for the Apple Watch. Instead, you can play YouTube videos on your Apple Watch with a third-party application. Here’s how you can watch YouTube videos on Apple Watch.
Apple Watch is one of the best gadgets people can wear on their wrists. The watch owners can listen to songs, make calls and messages, and use fitness features. Now, thanks to the developers, Apple Watch owners can sideload a third-party app to stream YouTube videos. WatchTube is a third-party application that let users watch any YouTube video on the Apple Watch. It works like intended, yes, it works superbly well.
Now let’s take a look at how you can install and watch YouTube videos on your Apple Watch.
How to Install YouTube on Apple Watch [WatchTube]
WatchTube is a free application available on the Apple Watch on the Apple Watch. One of the best things about the app is, it didn’t require you to log in with the Google Account, yes, there’s no need to type on the watch. Although, you can type while searching using the keyboard on the Apple Watch Series 7, Series 8, and Watch Ultra, or you can use Siri to search for anything on the watch. Here’s how you can watch YouTube videos on Apple Watch.
- Open the Apps List on your Apple Watch by pressing the Digital Crown.
- Now find App Store and tap on it.
- Tap on the Search box and search for WatchTube, you can type with the keyboard or use Siri.
- Select the Get button to install the app, once done, it will tell you to press the side button twice for app install confirmation.
- Now go back to the apps and open the WatchTube app.
- For the first time, the app will ask you to choose the region for recommendations purposes obviously.
- The next screen will be the home screen of the app with a bunch of videos.
- You can swipe right to search for videos or channels, another swipe will let you explore the library section, while with the last swipe you can change the app’s Settings, such as FlickType, Caption Size, Clear History, and more.
- That’s it.
According to the app’s developer, the future update will bring an audio-only feature that let users listen to music without headphones without having to keep the watch’s display turned on.
You can even subscribe to your favorite channels and save videos to the library to watch later. The videos will be saved locally on the watch, but you can share the videos with the QR code. One of the best features of WatchTube is you can listen to music and videos without headphones.
If you are facing any issues while installing the app or do want to know anything about the WatchTube app? Then drop a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- These five features coming to Apple Watch soon
- How to use Apple Watch Ultra’s Action Button with Third-party apps
- How to Adjust Band to wirelessly charge Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
- How to get up to 60 hours of battery life on Apple Watch Ultra
- How to Track Sleep using Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
- How to Get Apple Watch Ultra and Watch Series 8 Watch Face on older model