Do you have Galaxy Watch 5? If yes, then you already know that you can track your health and fitness thanks to a bunch of bioactive sensors on the watch. Sleep tracking is one of the best features of the latest Galaxy Watch. If you are a new user of Galaxy Watch 5, here is a detailed guide on how to track sleep using Galaxy Watch 5.
The new generation Watch comes with a curved design where sensors are located. This helps in a snug fit and thus results in more accurate health tracking. So the new Galaxy watches can detect the sleep duration and stages better than the previous year’s Galaxy Watch 4.
Does Galaxy Watch 5 Track Sleep?
Yes, Galaxy Watch 5 comes with sleep tracking feature. The new temperature sensor on the watch makes sleep tracking even better. Plus the new design for a snug fit improves sleep tracking.
Does Galaxy Watch 5 automatically track sleep?
Yes, the Sleep tracking feature is enabled by default. And there is no option to turn it off. So it always runs in the background and when you sleep the watch automatically detects it and then records the total sleep time in detail.
Does the new temperature sensor help with sleep tracking?
As you know, Galaxy Watch 5 comes with a new sensor called temperature sensor. But it doesn’t actually detect your body temperature. The main purpose of this sensor is to contribute to the sleep tracking feature for accurate results. We have shared a detailed guide on Galaxy Watch 5 temperature sensor which you can check out for more details.
How to Track Sleep on Galaxy Watch 5
Sleep tracking on the Galaxy Watch 5 is the easiest health tracking feature available on the watch. As mentioned earlier you do not need to do anything to enable this feature. And so all you have to do is wear the watch while you sleep.
There are some points that you should know before using Sleep Tracking.
- Make sure you have set up your Watch 5
- Make sure the watch fits properly
- Install Samsung health on your phone
- Wear your Galaxy Watch 5 when you go to sleep
- Track sleep for at least seven straight days for effective results
- You can enable blood Oxygen tracking and snore detection for more features
How to check sleep results
After a complete sleep, you can check for the result either on your watch or on your device which is connected to your watch.
On Galaxy Watch 5
- Swipe up on your Watch to open App Drawer.
- Now open the Health app (Green icon with a running symbol on it).
- In the Samsung Health app, you can scroll to see all health tracking.
- Tap on the Sleep tab and it will show full detail about your previous sleep.
- You need to check for the Actual Sleep Time.
On the Paired Android Phone
- Open the App drawer on your phone and locate the Samsung Health app.
- Tap the app to open.
- Now scroll down and you will find a sleep result, tap the banner.
- It will show the data of your latest sleep.
- Actual sleep time is the result you want to check.
What are Sleep stages on Sleep Result?
When you check your Sleep result, you will see some of the times assigned to four sleep stages. These are the stages of your sleep, such as how much time you were in deep sleep and how much time you were awake during that sleep cycle.
Light Sleep is the unsound sleep stage when you are most prone to awake with a small sound or touch. And there is one more stage called REM. REM Sleep is the stage of sleep when you are dreaming and brain development.
Deep sleep is considered the best stage as in this stage your body recovers and you wake fit and fresh. On average eight hours of combined sleep (all four stages) is considered best.
How to Improve Sleep using Galaxy Watch 5
The Galaxy Watch 5 also comes with sleep assistant. But to use it you must use the Watch 5 to track sleep for seven days. Straight seven days are preferred. Once you complete the seven day sleep tracking, you will find a detailed report along with sleep coaching.
- On your phone, open Samsung Health.
- In the app go to the Sleep section.
- Now tap on the three dots in the right corner.
- Select the option that says Sleep Coaching.
- Here you can enable sleep coaching which will last for 28 days.
- You will be given tasks that you need to complete.
So that’s all on how to track sleep using Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. Sleep tracking is one of the best features of the watch and if you follow the sleep coaching properly you will see boost in your productivity work as you will have a fresh mind and good health after complete sleep. I hope you find the guide useful. In case of any issues, let us know in the comment section.