Earlier this month, Apple added three new watches to its portfolio, the new models are – Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE, and Apple Watch Ultra. The Watch SE is the most affordable in the lineup, the Watch Series 8 is the standard model, and the Watch Ultra is the new premium member in the lineup.
The Watch Series 8 brings two temperature sensors aimed at cycle tracking, car crash detection, a new low-power mode, and more. If you got a new Apple Watch Series 8 or Apple Watch Ultra and want to know how to set it up, then read along to know how to pair Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra.
Although Apple Watch Series 8 brings a minor upgrade over the last year’s Apple Watch Series 7, it is still the latest flagship watch in Apple’s portfolio or even in the smartwatch market. The Series 8 comes in two variants 41mm and 45mm, yes, the same sizes as its predecessor. And the process of setting up the watch is going to be the same for both variants. Before moving to the steps, check out the prerequisites.
- Turn on the WiFi and Bluetooth on your iPhone
- Charge your Apple Watch to at least 40-50%
- Apple Watch app
How to Pair Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra
Make sure to install Apple Watch app on your iPhone. The app is available by default on the iPhone, but just in case you removed the Apple Watch from your iPhone, then you can install the latest version of the app from the App store. For compatibility, the app is available on iPhone 8 or newer iPhones running iOS 16 or later. So, if your iPhone is running on an older version, make sure to update it to iOS 16. Here’s the link to the Apple Watch app.
- Download Apple Watch app for iPhone (App Store Link)
How to put Apple Watch Series 8 in pairing mode
When you boot the Apple Watch (Series 8) or Apple Watch Ultra for the first time, it will be in pairing mode, but, if your Apple Watch is already paired with an iPhone, then you can unpair it first and then put it back in pairing mode. You can do it easily by following the below steps.
To unpair the watch, follow these steps: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then select My Watch > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch. Now you can follow the steps given below.
If you just bought the new Apple Watch Series 8 and want to pair it with your iPhone, then you can follow these steps.
- Unlock your iPhone, then make sure to turn on the Bluetooth and WiFi, and also connect it to the Internet.
- Now open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you can install it by using the above-listed link.
- Turn on your Apple Watch Series 8 or Watch Ultra, by holding the power button next to the digital crown for a few seconds.
- Note: Make sure that your Watch is charged at least 50% or more.
- Once you boot up your Apple Watch, you should see a message, “Use your iPhone to set up this Apple Watch” on your iPhone, then hit the continue button.
- Note: In case you don’t see any message on your iPhone, then you can open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, and tap Start Pairing.
- If you are pairing the watch for your own use, then you can select Set Up for Myself, if you are setting it up for a family member, then you can choose Set Up for a Family Member.
- You’ll see the pairing animation code on your Watch’s screen which you can scan by holding the Apple Watch up to the Camera of your iPhone.
- Once scanned, you’ll see a message “Your Apple Watch is Paired” on your iPhone, then tap Set Up Apple Watch.
- On the next page, you’ll get the wrist preference option, you can choose between Left or Right as per your choice.
- Then, in Digital Crown orientation, you can select a side for the Digital Crown.
- You’ll see the terms and conditions page, once accepted you will sign in to your Apple account, which may take a few seconds.
- On the next screen, it will ask you to share watch analytics data with Apple, you can choose to Share with Apple or Don’t Share.
- The next page is to set a Passcode on the Watch, you can tap Create a Passcode or select Don’t Add Passcode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for Bold Text & Size, Accessibility, and Shared Settings.
- Once done, you can enter your Health and Fitness data, including Date of Birth, Sex, Height, and Weight.
- The next screen in the setup is about the Activity, Workout Route Tracking, Notifications about your Health, Medications, Safety, Always on Display, and App View. You can complete the process by following the on-screen instructions.
- It will now start the syncing process, which will take some time, you’ll get an alert when it’s done, so you can use your iPhone normally it will sync the data in the background.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra.
If you still have any queries on how to pair Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra, then you can ask me in the comment box.
- Apple Watch Ultra and Series 8 battery capacities revealed
- Which Apple Watches are compatible with watchOS 9?
- How much does Apple Watch Series 8 and Watch Ultra cost
- How to Pair Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 and 5 Pro [Guide]
- How to Measure Blood Oxygen on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 (Measure SpO2 Level)
- Can you measure Temperature on Samsung Galaxy Watch 5?