Samsung changed the smartwatch competition last year by bringing out its most successful Galaxy Watch 4 series. It also helped WearOS to scale new heights. The Galaxy Watch 4 is amazing because it has features that are rarely found in other watches. Recently it was on sale, and if you’ve got a Galaxy Watch 4 then this guide is for you. Here you will learn how to set picture as background on Galaxy Watch 4 or we can say custom watch face on Galaxy Watch 4.
Soon Samsung is going to launch its new watch called Galaxy Watch 5 but Watch 4 is still a value for money as it is available for almost half of its launch price. And the software experience will also be the same on both the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5. So many users will still choose the Galaxy Watch4 over the upcoming Watch5.
If you are a new user of Galaxy Watch 4 and want to have your own picture on the homescreen of Galaxy Watch 4 then this guide is for you. Along with this topic, we will also share some other topics required for watch face customization in Galaxy Watch 4.
To apply your photo as the Galaxy Watch 4 watchface, you’ll need a few things, including your picture on the watch. So to make this guide easier I will break the guide down into several steps. So let’s learn how to customize watchface and set your own picture in Galaxy Watch 4 background.
How to Add photos to Galaxy Watch 4 Gallery
Starting with adding the Photo to your Watch gallery. You will need the photo on your smartwatch gallery that you want to apply to the watch background. This can be easily done by syncing. But we will follow a simple and easier method. And this way you don’t have to deal with filling Watch storage too fast.
First, check if you already have the photo on your watch that you need. To do this, open the App drawer on your watch and open the gallery. Here you will find photos that you can use in a custom watchface. And if your photo is not in the Watch gallery then you can follow these steps to add the photo to your Galaxy Watch 4.
- From the default homescreen swipe up to bring the app drawer. I am assuming your Watch is connected to your phone.
- Now scroll down and open Gallery. You have to recognize it with its icon (it looks like a flower).
- If there are no images you can Tap on Add images to bring the required settings page on your Phone. If the option is not there follow the next step otherwise jump to step 5.
- On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Scroll down and open Watch Settings, then go to Manage content.
- Now under the gallery section, tap on Add Images.
- It will show photos available on your phone. Choose the photo that you want to add to your Galaxy Watch and tap Done.
- Now if you see the Gallery on your Watch, the selected photo will be available.
- You can add photos to your Galaxy Watch 4 as many as you want.
Now that you have the required photo on your Galaxy Watch 4 galley, you can follow two different methods to apply it to your Galaxy Watch 4 background. This includes without a phone and with the phone. So let’s get started.
How to Set Picture as Background on Galaxy Watch 4 without Phone
If you don’t have your phone with you, then also you can set custom photos to the background of the Galaxy Watch 4. But you do need to have the photo on your Galaxy Watch 4.
- Tap and hold the default watchface or homescreen of Galaxy Watch4.
- This will bring different Watchface options.
- Now locate a Watchface that has a photo in the background. You will find a cat watchface.
- Once you located the watchface tap on Customize.
- Next tap on the Photo > Add Photo and it will open the Gallery.
- Select your photo from the gallery and tap on Ok.
- It will replace the default photo. Press Ok and it will be applied to your homescreen.
- To customize it further, tap and hold the wathface and then tap on Customize.
- Now you can swipe to the left for other components like the clock to change its style.
- After all the changes just tap on Ok.
And you now have the picture as a background on your Galaxy Watch 4. If you have a phone with you then you can do it more effectively.
How to Set Picture as Background on Galaxy Watch 4 with Phone
If you have a phone and your Galaxy Watch 4 is connected to your phone, then you also have two more methods to set custom watch faces. If you have a Samsung phone you can use both methods, but if you have other phones then you can only use the first method mentioned below.
Using Wearable App:
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.
- Tap on Watch faces.
- Now choose and select a watch face that has any photo as background (You can choose the watch face with a cat in the background).
- Tap on Customize to visit the customization page.
- While the background tag is selected, you can now take a photo or choose a photo from the gallery.
- It will reflect on your watch right away.
- Switch to the clock tag and choose the preferred clock style.
- You can do similar customization in other available tags. After all the customizations, tap on the Save button.
That’s it, this way you can change or customize Galaxy Watch 4 watch face without touching the watch.
Directly from Samsung Gallery (Samsung phones only):
If you have a Samsung phone then you clearly have advantages over users with non-Samsung phones. This method is just one example. You can set any photo as wallpaper for your Galaxy Watch 4 home screen.
- Make sure your Galaxy Watch 4 is connected to your Samsung phone.
- Open the Gallery app on your Samsung phone.
- Open any photo that you want to apply as background on Galaxy Watch 4.
- Tap on three dots > Set as Wallpaper.
- It will display some options including Watch Face. Tap on Watch Face.
- Customize the photo as per your liking and tap on Done.
- It will take you to My Photo+ where you can further customize the watch face like clock style and more.
- At last, tap on Save and it will apply the picture as background on Galaxy Watch 4.
So these were the two methods to set picture as background on Galaxy Watch 4. And if you have a Samsung phone there is an extra method for you. I hope you were able to apply your photo as a watch face on your Galaxy Watch 4. And in case you have any issues, let us know in the comment section.