Last month, Google’s Fitbit added two new smartwatches and a smart tracker to its portfolio. The new models are the Fitbit Sense 2, Fitbit Versa 4, and the Fitbit Insipre 3 tracker. Yes, Fitbit Sense 2 is the most premium in the lineup, brings advanced stress detection, continous EDA sensor, more less bezels, new Body Response sensor, and more. And if you just bought the new Fitbit Sense 2 smartwatch and want to connect to your iPhone or Android phone, here’s a step by step guide on how to pair Fitbit Sense 2.
Fitbit Sense 2 looks premium thanks to the thinner bezels and a 1.58-inch screen, it even looks bigger than the Apple Watch Series 8, here’s a visual comparison with last year’s Apple Watch Series 7.
Not just the hardware upgrades, but the newly landed Fitbit Sense 2 comes in with a visual overhaul. Obviously, it is a welcome change over the traditionally visual interface on the older models. The more simplified user interface is one of the best things of the new Fitbit Sense 2. And the process of setting up the watch changes a little compared to its predecessor. Before moving to the steps, check out the prerequisites.
- Turn on the WiFi and Bluetooth on your iPhone
- Fitbit Account is required
- Charge your Fitbit Sense 2
- Make sure to install Fitbit app
How to Pair Fitbit Sense 2
Make sure to install Fitbit app on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Obviously, the app is available on the App Store for iPhone and the Play Store on Android phones. For compatibility, Fitbit says the Sense 2 is compatible with iPhones running iOS 14 or newer, whereas, the Android users require Android 8.0 Oreo or higher with a sync range of up to 30ft. So, make sure that your phone is running on the required OS. Here’s the Fitbit app link for both Android android iPhone.
Now let’s take a look at how you can put your new Fitbit Sense 2 watch in a pairing mode.
How to put Fitbit Sense 2 in a pairing mode
No matter you bought a Fitbit Sense 2 or any other smartwatch, whenever you boot a newly bought smartwatch for first time it will be in a pairing mode, all you need to do is boot up your watch to connect it with a smartphone. For Fitbit Sense 2, you just need to press and hold the side button for a second to turn it on.
Although, if you’re using it and now want to pair it to another device, then you need to reset it and then pair with another device.
If you just bought the new Fitbit Sense 2 and want to pair it with your iPhone, then you can follow these steps.
- Press and hold the side button on your Fitbit Sense 2 to turn it on.
- It will ask you to choose your prefered language by tapping on it.
- Now it will ask you to install Fitbit app on your smartphone, you can download it using above-mentioned links (you will see the battery percentage on your watch screen, connect it to charger if battery is low).
- Open the Fitbit app on your phone.
- Login with your Fitbit account, if you don’t have one, you can create a new account.
- Once logged in, tap on your profile icon or picture at the top left corner.
- Select Set up a Device option, then choose Sense 2 (if not showing update your app to the latest version).
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your smartphone and connect it to the internet (via cellular or WiFi).
- Tap on Set Up button, enter the required information like name, email, password and health details later (including birthday, height, weight and sex).
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then enter the 4 digit pairing code showing on the Fitbit Sense 2.
- Again follow the on-screen instructions, to complete the pairing process.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your Fitbit Sense 2 smartwatch, currently, the features like Google Assistant, calling, music are not available, but we can expect it will be available soon.
If you still have any queries on how to pair Fitbit Sense 2, then you can ask me in the comment box.