The vibrant display and the gorgeous-looking design are one of the key attractions of the Pixel Watch. But, it offers more than that. No doubt, the Pixel Watch is a first-generation product, but it bags all the useful features available on any smartwatch of 2022. Google releases the Pixel Watch with various entertainment features like playing music online and offline. And when it comes to music, YouTube Music and Spotify are always there on wearOS 3.5. Here’s how to add music to Pixel Watch.
The Pixel Watch has a built-in microphone and speaker for calling and music, which you can use to answer calls and also listen to music. If you own the Pixel Watch and want to add music on it for both offline and online playback then you can do it easily using the YouTube Music app as well as the Spotify app.
Play Store on wearOS has a wide range of apps from various categories including entertainment. If you want to listen to music, then you can use YouTube Music, Spotify, Shazam, Pandora, iHeart Music, and a few more. You can choose any app of your choice on the Pixel Watch.
In this article, you can check the official method (using YouTube Music) of adding music as well as the third-party app (Spotify) methods to download music for offline playback.
Let’s dive right into the steps.
How to Add Music to Pixel Watch [using YouTube Music]
wearOS 3.5 on Google Pixel Watch comes with the YouTube Music app built-in, so, there’s no need to install any app on the watch. You can easily configure it and start listening to the music on your Pixel Watch, here’s how you can add or transfer music for offline and online playback on the Pixel Watch.
Note: Google account with a YouTube Music Premium subscription is required to add music to the watch.
- Tap the crown button on the Google Pixel Watch to open the apps list.
- Swipe down in the apps section, then select YouTube Music.
- If you are opening the app for the first time or else move to the next step, then it will ask you to sign in to the Google Account, you can follow the on-screen instructions to log in.
- Once you open the YouTube Music app, swipe up and select Settings > Downloads.
- Select the number of songs you want to download on your watch regularly, then follow the on-screen instructions for confirmation.
- That’s it.
Make sure your watch is connected to the internet (WiFi or LTE) and charged at least 40%. Now let’s take a look at the second method which allows you to download and transfer music to Pixel Watch using Spotify app.
How to Add Music to Pixel Watch [using Spotify]
Pixel Watch users need to download the Spotify app from the Play Store, if you have Spotify installed, then update the app to the latest version. Here’s how you can install the newest version of the app and transfer music for offline playback.
First let’s take a look at the steps of installing the Spotify app on the Pixel Watch.
- Connect your Watch to the Internet (WiFi or LTE). Bluetooth will also work but it will be slow.
- Press the Crown to open the apps list, then Tap the Play Store icon.
- Tap the search button and search for Spotify > select Spotify and tap Install.
- It will start downloading Spotify on your Watch and wait for installation.
Now let’s take a look at the steps of adding music to the Pixel Watch from Spotify app. First, you need to pair your Spotify account to the watch, here’s how you can do it. For offline playback, make sure you have Spotify Premium subscription.
- On your Watch, open Spotify and you will see an option to Pair with phone.
- Tap on Pair on Phone and it will launch a Spotify page on your phone.
- Now on your phone tap on Pair Now.
- Now wait for a few seconds and the Spotify on your watch will be paired with your account.
- Open your favorite playlist. You will see the Download to Watch button right below the playlist info.
- Tap on the Download and it will begin downloading the playlist.
- Once downloaded, you can access the whole playlist in the Download section.
- And you can play downloaded tracks even offline.
- That’s it.
Now you know the two different ways of adding music to the Pixel Watch for online and offline playback. As I mentioned earlier, you can use any app you want, the steps will be similar to these two music apps.
So this is the complete guide on how to add music to Pixel Watch. If you listen to music, then this is the guide you need. I hope you find the guide useful. In case of any queries, let us know in the comment section.
Explore More, Pixel Watch!
- Can I Swim with my Google Pixel Watch?
- How to Boost Pixel Watch’s Display Brightness
- 9 Tips to Improve Battery Life on Google Pixel Watch
- How to Enable Emergency SOS and Fall Detection on Pixel Watch
- How to setup and use LTE on Pixel Watch
- How to Pair Pixel Watch to any Android [Guide]
- How many updates will Google Pixel Watch get?
- Can you Connect Google Pixel Watch to iPhone?